Apply now to become a Carry Australia Peer Educator!
Are you passionate about sharing your babywearing skills with other parents and caregivers in a safe and supportive environment? Are you interested in helping people navigate the maze of slings, wraps and baby carriers to find a babywearing option that meets their needs?
CarryAus Peer Educators are everyday babywearers who have a good understanding of babywearing basics and are able to share these skills in a sensitive and inclusive way. You don’t need any formal babywearing qualifications to become a CarryAus peer educator.
To apply to become a CarryAus Peer Educator you need to:
- Be a current CarryAus member (only $20 a year)
- Have an existing CarryAus sling group to work with, or be willing to set one up in your area.
- Be able to demonstrate your understanding of the core principals of babywearing and six basic carry positions as described in the Peer Educator role description to a CarryAus Senior Peer Educator, OR
- Show that you have attended training with a recognised babywearing school
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of, and agree to, our Code of Conduct, Educator Guidelines and Sling Group Guidelines